April 29, 2011
April 28, 2011
We’ve added a Winners page! Click on Winners (above) to see a list of Sue Boynton Poetry Contest winners from each contest year, 2006 through 2011. As time allows, we’ll add links from the lists to the poems.
April 27, 2011
You don’t have to wait for the May 12 awards ceremony to hear 2011 winning poet Caleb Barber read his poetry! Barber will read from his book Beasts & Violins at Village Books on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 7:00pm. The book’s title poem appeared in Best American Poetry 2009.
Also reading that evening will be poet Maya Jewll Zeller.
April 26, 2011
- Write a poem
- Read a poem
- Share a poem with someone else
- Buy a poetry book (they’re 20% off at Village Books!)
- Put a poetry book on your breakfast table and read a poem aloud every morning
- Put a poetry book on your nightstand and read a poem every night before you go to sleep
- Congratulate one of the Sue Boynton Contest winners
- Check the links (at right) for some of the Boynton Poems & Poets
Be a poet. Be a friend of poetry. Every month is poetry month.
April 25, 2011
April 24, 2011
“It has taken me three published books, seven years of public readings, festival appearances and tours abroad, several forays into radio, television and the quality newspapers, more than my fair share of grants and prizes and, all in all, some 2,000 poems, to feel I can now say, in a whisper, that I am a poet.” Glyn Maxwell
April 23, 2011
All of this year’s submissions are currently on display in the gallery at Mindport Exhibits, 210 W. Holly Street, Bellingham, through Sunday, May 8, 2011. Poets and their families will be admitted to the gallery without charge. Mindport is open Wednesday through Friday 12-6, Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 12-4 (closed Monday and Tuesday).
Photo by Mike Little