March 7, 2016
Now and then, we encourage poets to submit their work to Cascadia-based print and online literary journals by posting a list of those that are currently accepting work for publication. This is one of those updates.
It is not a comprehensive list of publications that originate in Cascadia; it is only those that have pending deadlines. Also, it does not include contests, which typically have separate deadlines (i.e., Crab Creek Review, Pacifica Literary Review).
Read the publications before submitting and, of course, follow the guidelines to the letter. All dates are 2016.
- Burnside Review reads submissions year round.
- Cascadia Review reads submissions year round.
- The Cascadia Subduction Zone reads submissions year round.
- Cirque Journal deadline for Cirque 7.2 is March 21.
- Clover, A Literary Rag is accepting submissions for issue 11 until April 30.
- EVENT accepts submissions year round.
- Geist accepts work (by postal mail only) with a Canadian connection year round.
- High Desert Journal reviews submissions year round.
- Image Journal and the Good Letters blog accept submissions year round.
- Isthmus reads submissions year round.
- Jeopardy Magazine accepts submissions from those with a connection to WWU through March 20.
- The Monarch Review reads submissions year round.
- The Other Journal does not list deadlines, but accepts writer queries on posted themes on the role of faith and spirituality.
- Pacifica Literary Review submissions are open through May 15.
- PageBoy Magazine reads submissions throughout the year.
- Poetry Northwest welcomes unsolicited submissions of poetry, original or in translation through March 15.
- PRISM international accepts submissions year round.
- The Raven Chronicles submissions for Volume 22 are open through April 15.
- Ricepaper accepts submissions from Asian-Canadian writers year round.
- Room Magazine submissions are open through April 30.
- The Seattle Review accepts long-form submissions year round.
- Shark Reef deadline is March 31 for the summer edition.
- Silk Road Review reads submissions year round.
- subTerrain has upcoming deadlines on May 1 and September 1 by postal mail only.
- Sweet Tree Review submissions are open through April 5.
- Switched-on Gutenberg issue 23 submissions are open through March 31.
- Whatcom Writes! has not yet listed the theme or deadlines for 2017, but they should be posted soon.
- Willow Springs poetry submissions are open through May 31.
- Windfall will accept work through August 1 for the fall issue.
. . . . .